Tuesday 6 December 2011

The Beaded Cuff

The beaded cuff challenge has finally been finished. I am really pleased with how its worked out far from prefect but I now can see how one of these bracelets make up.


The finishing off on the slide toggle was the most difficult and I will certainly have to find a better method of finishing.
So here it  is ................... Drum Roll ..................................




Having finished this I wanted to try  something similar so off I went in search of a  book and came across Annika deGroot  http://www.annikadegroot.com/
Not wanting to copy exactly one of her designs I saw away of making a bracelet without a clasp just using a button and loop. I have used this method before but in a different way, Annika starts from the centre of the threads and works down one side then the other creating an arc the size needed for the button.


Using flat knots I then joined the two sides together. The Superlon cord works really well and seems to thread easily through beads without a needle. I worked this on a cushion so I could pin my work to keep it in place.
I finished off with an antique silver button.


I used crystal  and glass beads in tones of purple with a grey cord. I am really pleased with  this and I now have another design in my head and waiting  for a delivery of cord from  http://www.absolutebeads.co.uk 

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous bracelet. I was looking at her books also - great minds and all that!

    ReplyDelete